Sunday, December 9, 2007

Finally, some Christmas decorations...



Seriously, where does the time go? It's been speeding by at an absurdly fast pace these last few weeks, even months. It's been four days since my last post and I could swear I did it last night. Wow.
At any rate, I took some pictures of the holiday sprucing-up that our house got this past week - now I can check that off my to-do list and move on to making the rest of my handmade gifts.

I've been making these sweet little mittens like a crazy woman - they're so quick and different that there's not a chance to get bored with them. I bought several bags of vintage buttons at this great antique shop in Ohio and have been using them on every mitten. The pattern over at Disdressed is so easy and clever! I plan to make a dozen or two each Christmas until I have enough to wrap around my tree.


I also whipped up one of these little stacking-cone trees from a tutorial at The Small Object - I plan on enlarging the pattern and making at least two more. They flew by and are the cutest little trees I've ever seen!



One of Josh's merino wool sweaters became moth food over the summer so lucky me inherited it and felted it. I used it for the tree and then embroidered a little snowflake on another scrap and finished it off with (another) vintage button.


I just about squealed out loud when I found this wreath at TJ Maxx last week - it's red and aqua and green!! Do you know how hard it is to find those colors together for Christmas decorations?! Not to mention that it matches my sparkly little church perfectly and looks great with my mercury glass trees. Can you tell I get all excited about this decorating stuff?!


Oh, and we can't forget the tree! We got this lovely thing at Target a couple of years ago after Christmas for 75% off - it's prelit, 9 feet tall and gorgeous, but it's so tall that we can't fit a topper on it! I really don't mind, though.

Looking at all the work I've done over the last few days makes me realize why I'm so pooped! I just get so wrapped up in Christmas that I want to cry when it's over - it's by far my favorite time of year.

7 comments:

  1. Wow - I love all your decorations!! I really need to get mine up!! I think that your little mitten are really cute!!

    I hope to get my Pay if Forward gift to you ready over the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mitten ornaments! Would love to see them as part of the Flickr group:

    http://www.flickr.com/groups/55992293@N00/

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you sent me 1/100th of your talent? Please? I love your little vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.....looks straight out of a magazine. I wish my house wasn't so cluttered. I love the simplicity you have. sigh....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is lovely, and your re-purposed items are way cool! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Among all the christmas decorations, i love the handmade christmas decorations, because they are wonderful and beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tried to find a fabric pattern for those little trees. The small object site no longer exists. Is there any chance you would mind sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete