Sunday, March 29, 2009






Here's the (finally) finished spring shelf. I'm really happy with it - the angel was swiped from my mom and is made from old barn wood, the "w" is metal, really heavy, and really old, the polka-dot "w" used to be silver and shabby chic and got a new life with some paint, the wallhanging you've seen already, and then there's my new Jennifer Lanne painting. Ahhhh....I l.o.v.e. it. I actually ordered another one of her paintings yesterday and I'm searching for the perfect home for it.








I grabbed this sweet little rusty metal basket from my mom's house last weekend - it's always so much fun poking around her garage, finding new treasures. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, and I'm still not, but for right now it's housing my new painting and some fresh flowers and just making me happy.


And here's the kitchen! It really wasn't too bad - we painted one day and took a couple of days to put the tile up. I grouted the tile during the day, between naptimes and snacks, and then we sealed the butcher block counters - 5 times. They had to be sanded first, since they have had 2 years of abuse, then we sealed them with this sort of mineral oil sealer - and they look fantastic!! I am SO pleased with them - we should have done this a long time ago.


Oh, and here's a new pillow I made - I'm working on a few series of pillows to put in my shop and this was my prototype. I decided to even up the crosses a little more so this one's mine to keep!




And I had the brilliant idea to slipcover our living room chairs. They're only 2 years old but I'm already tired of the upholstery. I should know better than to buy something patterned. It's a stripe, a really pretty stripe, actually, but I want a blank slate. I'm thinking of using a natural canvas, something I can wash and bleach. A lot.



Boy, that was a picture-heavy post, huh? Wish me luck with the slipcovering - I've never attempted it before and am totally flying blind. Any tips?
Have a great evening, and, dare I say it, Monday morning! :)


7 comments:

  1. Let us know how the slipcovering goes. I really want to try it on a few pieces, but I'm nervous. If you find any tips, send them my way!

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEFINITELY want to hear how the slipcovers come out! I've been thinking along those lines myself, but haven't even been brave enough to try out the pattern. Yours looks totally do-able though.

    For the painting... I was going to suggest hanging it under the kitchen counter, until I saw the gorgeous tile job you just did. BEAUTIFUL! I'm so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen looks fabulous!
    I think you've seen Camille Roskelly's red polka dot chair she did. Based on what I've seen so far, I'm sure you can do just as good a job! Good luck, and I hope you show pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kitchen - I think I love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kitchen - I think I love everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're amazing with your creativeness...I love your kitchen cabinets!!! Butcher block for countertops-How well do they work? I want to replace mine and this sounds like a great idea. Functional too :) ~Great blog~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your spring shelf very vibrant and striking!

    I love the fact that you've snaffled things from your mum, very crafty, but pure genius.

    Have a lovely day,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete